Ceroc dance classes are designed to suit your life style. No need to book which means you can start anytime! We hold regular weekly classes with the odd exception. Check our website and Facebook Page (Ceroc Wellington Auckland) or group (Ceroc Norwest) for any changes in class venue and closures. Our Beginner classes are for our new dancers and we teach from a 12 week Beginner class routines which is repeated, so you can start anytime, it doesn’t matter which routine to start learning as they are continuously retaught on a rotational basis. Plus you can miss as many classes as you want and restart when it suits you. You don’t have to attend all the classes like a block course where you might miss something.
Before the Class
- Arrive 5-10 minutes earlier before the stated start time so you can sign up, pay and put your shoes on and get ready.
- If you want to try Ceroc for the first time, class cost will be $15 otherwise we offer a fab 5 Beginner Class Concession Card for $50 which is great value.
- Payment can be made by cash or EFTPOS, sorry we don’t accept credit cards.
- Wear shoes that fit well and won’t slip under foot. Hard sole shoes help with pivoting. High heels / stilettos and cross trainer type running shoes are not recommended.
- Bring a drink bottle to keep yourself hydrated and a small towel to wipe off any excess sweat
- Wear casual clothing that you are comfortable to move in. Our dance classes are informal so no need to dress up, however you can if you want.
Never Danced Before
- You have two left feet? First time learning to dance? Can’t dance? Great! Then you have come to the right dance class!. The Beginner classes are specifically designed to get you to move and by the end of the class you will be dancing.
- Relax, have fun and don’t worry about making mistakes. In Ceroc there are no mistakes, just variations :), so when you create a variation, laugh and carry on.
- We have new dancers starting all the time, so you will be good company and it won’t be long after a couple of weeks that you will be the “old hands” at Ceroc dance.
- If you come with another person and you want to stay and learn together, you can Just inform the teacher before the start of the class.
- However we recommend joining in the rotations as you will learn quicker by dancing with more experienced Newcomers and senior dancers.
- We have taxi dancers that are there to help you during & after your dance dance class. Just ask them for help.
- We are fortunate that the gender ratio is fairly balanced so you will always have someone to dance with.
- After class we have social dancing. This is the time to practice what you have learnt and importantly start having fun dancing. We play a range of music so there will be something you will be happy to dance to.
- After social dancing we hold a Beginners Review Class. This is your second opportunity to go over the moves you have just been taught in a smaller class. You can ask specific questions and ask for help on any aspect of the moves that you were not sure about. You can stay for 5 minutes or for the entire class.